A Step-By-Step Guide to Selling Your Home
While you may love your current Lexington Ky home, there may come a time when it’s necessary to sell. Maybe you’re family is growing and it’s time to upgrade. Or, maybe you’ve found a new job in a new city. Perhaps you are relocating to Lexington or another city. Whatever the reason, you want to sell your current home and you want to sell it quickly and for the most money possible. There are so many things to think about when selling your home. Where do you even start? Luckily, it doesn’t have to be difficult. Follow these steps and be on your way to selling your home.
1. Find a real estate agent you can trust. This should be the first and most important step you make. A good real estate agent who puts your needs above their own interests is essential to selling your Lexington Ky home for what it’s worth. How can you find a real estate agent you can trust? Do your research. Ask your friends for recommendations and do your own searching. Realtors who are legitimately willing to work for your best interests will have no problem consulting with you. These professionals will take the time and listen to your questions and provide advice. Since you are at SellMeLexington you are already ahead of the game as you have a have found an excellent Lexington Kentucky real estate resource and a trustworthy and reliable Realtor in Miranda Hinchman.
2. Get your Lexington Kentucky home prepared for potential home buyers. Once you find a Realtor you can trust, you’ll want to make sure your home is ready for the highly critical eyes of potential homebuyers and your Realtor can help with this. Luckily, ERA Woods Group has a number of certified home staging specialists who can also help you prepare your hone for a staging fee. They also offer the “Gold Star” program, which is aimed at taking the necessary steps to set your home apart from others and involves getting your home staged, pre-inspected, pre-appraised and offering your potential buyers a one year home warranty. Talk about taking a load of the work off your buyer! What an enticing headache free deal your home becomes!
3. Work with your Realtor to hold open houses for potential buyers. After you’ve made the necessary repairs and updates your home will be ready to be shown. Your Realtor will work with you to schedule open houses and showings to help gain interest in your home. Work closely with your Realtor, as your Realtor is an expert and will help play up the best assets of your home to help potential buyers gain interest.
4. Weigh offers from potential buyers and try to remain emotionally detached. Your Lexington Ky home is now a house that is for sale. This is another essential time to work in collaboration with your Realtor. You’ll no doubt be excited to get an offer, but don’t sell yourself short. Alternatively, don’t be disappointed or take unfavorable offers personally. It is important to get what your home is worth, but keep in mind that it must be what the market will bear.
5. Get an accepted offer! This is the most exciting part of the selling process. Once you’ve decided to accept a bid, the hardest part of selling your home is over. You’ll want to work closely with your Realtor through this process to ensure the appropriate steps are taken and you are protected as you complete the selling process and turn over ownership to the new owners.
While selling your Lexington Kentucky home can be a long process, it doesn’t have to be terrible. Don’t just endure buying and selling, enjoy it! If you’re ready to sell your home you’re in the right place. Contact Miranda Hinchman for a free consultation and listing presentation. You see instantly why Miranda as a Realtor and ERA as a company are perfect for you as a seller.